This position requires a team player who thrives in a fast paced and less structured startup environment. A successful candidate should enjoy wearing different hats, willing to take on tasks independently, exercise judgement, and excel at problem solving. This is a great opportunity to join a small entrepreneurial team and work for a biotechnology startup with groundbreaking technology.
Delpor is a clinical stage life sciences company that utilizes innovative drug-delivery technologies in order to develop once-yearly therapies for chronic conditions. The Company’s lead product is a 6-12-month formulation of Risperidone (drug/device combination product) for the treatment of schizophrenia. Delpor is also pursuing 6-12 month formulations of other drugs targeting CNS conditions including Neuromuscular Diseases, Neurodegenerative Diseases, Addiction, and other disorders.
The Company’s lead product has recently completed a Phase 1 clinical study and is expected to advance to phase 3 next year. As a result, we are in the process of enhancing our team. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in professional growth. The selected candidate will become a key member of our team, join a life sciences company with groundbreaking technology at the time of its growth spurt, and make vital contributions in bringing cutting edge products to market that can benefit millions of patients.
- Maintains equipment in both current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and non-cGMP laboratories
- Operate pharmaceutical equipment including tablet press, granulator, etc.
- Utilizes proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and follows requirements for safe handling and use of laboratory chemicals
- Perform manufacturing activities according to written protocols
- Maintain batch records, equipment logs and other production records
- Travel between multiple locations within the Bay Area
- Act as Delpor’s ambassador to our vendors; communicate our needs clearly and create detailed records of all joint activities
- Receive and verify orders before adding them to inventory
- Comfortable in lab environment
- Take ownership of all aspects of lab equipment implementation including reading operating manuals, installation/setup, and maintenance/cleaning
- Make sure all glassware from secondary location is transported back to Delpor for cleaning and sanitization then taken back for future use.
- Create and maintain detailed records of GMP materials in each location
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as on teams
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Able to multi-task work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate automated equipment, use basic hand tools, and lift up-to 25lbs.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with standard laboratory practices preferred
- Familiar with GMP and FDA regulated products preferred
- Authorization to work in the USA
Compensation and Benefits
This position includes an Annual Salary, Benefits including Health Insurance and Stock Options.
No Recruiters Please: Please do not forward any agency résumés. Delpor is not responsible for any recruiting fees related to résumés received from recruiters or recruiting agencies.
If you meet the requirements above, please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more information use the form at the link below: